£60,000 – £70,000 per annum
London, United Kingdom
Based in Central London, our client is a small yet well-established global business that thrives on providing an excellent service for both customers and employees. They are growing rapidly and are now looking for a committed professional Investment Banking Lawyer to join their team.
To assist the Head of Legal in providing legal assistance in relation to various areas of the Bank’s activities with the focus being the Bank’s front office functions in its London office and office in France. Specific knowledge in general banking, corporate and trade finance (including loans, export credit financing and structured finance) is required.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation for international transactions and involvement with transactions from outset to completion.
- Provide business focused, high quality and proactive legal advice on a range of commercially complex, challenging and varied legal issues arising from the business needs.
- Advise and assist with the Bank’s affairs as a corporate entity.
- Advise and liaise with other departments within the Bank on matters that involve legal aspects as required.
- Liaising with external legal counsel as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good knowledge of general banking, corporate and trade finance with specific experience in structured and project finance and commodity trade finance
- Qualified in England and Wales and/or France with at least approximately PQE 3 years
- Fluent in or working knowledge of French
Skills & Abilities:
- Solid commercial understanding, an analytical and proactive approach
- Ability to convert ideas into practical solutions and solve complex legal problems
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication, cooperation and organisation skills with a structured approach but open to change
- Ability to take initiative and to work in a team and/or autonomously
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills are essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Character & Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task
- Excellent team and client management skills
- Professional, articulate, and polished
- Excellent team-player
- Confident and independent thinker that is reliable