£50,000 – £60,000 per annum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to join their Shared Service Centre team.
This role will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable team in the provision of timely, accurate and compliant purchase to pay services whilst seeking out opportunities for process alignment and improvement.
This is a great opportunity to work with a large Accounts Payable Team within a global business for someone with the right skill set.
Within this role you can expect to get involved in:
- Being the first point of contact for Global Process Owner and for investigation and initiation of queries with suppliers and internal purchasing departments.
- Creating work plans, having ownership of KPIs, to define team priorities and coordinates team to ensure completion and inputs into performance evaluations for the team members and manage unresolved queries in the team.
- Supervising, improving and streamlining the AP process including automation.
- Providing other ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis to line managers and stakeholders
- Driving compliance within a robust control framework and take responsibility for internal/external audit deliverables for AP.
- Providing excellent service delivery and technical expertise to key stakeholder groups including internal/external customer groups, BSO management, peer groups, and external bodies. Providing management with information on aged debt/recovery issues/KPI’s.
- Being a key contributor to the SSC Finance Services Leadership Team to collectively deliver the finance vision.
- Supporting key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a proven track record, strong understanding and working knowledge of reconciling accounts, particularly supplier accounts and the importance of maintaining strict internal controls ideally within shared services.
- Demonstrate strong skill of managing team within periods of substantial change.
- Demonstrable experience of leading migration projects and continuous improvement projects.
- Have proven ability to work as a member of leadership team and influence senior management.
- Have good working knowledge of SAP and Excel and OCR.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- You will either be working towards or have completed your CIMA studies.
What can this role offer you?
- A competitive salary, with a package including (25 days holiday, private health insurance, pension, flexible working), bonus)
- Support with studies (where applicable)
- The chance to join a global and growing business
- City center location with plenty of social initiatives through work