£30,000-£40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
West London, United Kingdom
Our client is seeking a Corporate Programmes Manager, someone passionate about building workplaces that are equitable, inclusive and sites of belonging for all, using their existing platform to reach and connect those far and wide who want the same thing – but are courageous enough to reject the tired, ineffective, “safe” mainstream methods for change.
Would you like to work for a company that engages people in critical thought, in order to understand and challenge the root causes of inequalities and to grow powerful new leadership for transformative change?
Our client does this through equalities and leadership programmes for young women in schools and for men and women in the workplace. And through Design for Inclusion programmes for organisations that unite human-centred design methods with critical approaches to power, privilege and inequalities.
What will the Corporate Programmes Manager role involve?
- You will work alongside the Director of Programmes to lead the growth of diversity and inclusion programmes: both the flagship Design for Inclusion 3.5 day programme and other in-house training. This growth will involve supporting work with more curious, courageous and committed senior leaders, across a range of organisation and sector.
- You will cultivate and be a great partner with clients across the private, public and third sector. You’ll also co-ordinate programmes, working closely with other team members to deliver a seamless process. You’ll take clients from prospect-management, through ideation of to support them to ensure work is high impact in each client’s context, then onboarding ahead of delivery all the way through to evaluation.
- You’ll enthusiastically and proactively seek out opportunities to raise visibility and to speak to new organisations and people. You will be a compelling advocate of their work and will handle and deploy monitoring and evaluation strategy and process to demonstrate our client’s impact to potential partners and future change maker.
- This role will report into the Director of Programmes, who you will work very closely with and support, alongside the CEO, who is also heavily involved in programmes in organisations.
- Commitment and desire for the organisation to grow and thrive
- Love of meeting new people and building creative relationships
- A commercial eye
- Tenacity and perseverance when it comes to securing opportunities
- A growth mindset, with the confidence to take on ambitious growth targets
- Strength in compelling written communication
- Comfortable pitching and ‘selling’ services – in this instance with a view to building workplaces of equity and belonging
- Creativity in the face of challenges and unexpected logistical issues
- Organised and prepared, with good time-awareness
- Able to complete administrative and logistical tasks swiftly and to a high and accurate standard
- A self-starter with strong project management and forward planning skills
- A can-do, positive attitude towards making organisational work transformative and fun
- Track record of successful relationship management and sales
- Engagement with challenging the status quo on gender, class, race, sexuality, disability, faith and/or other anti-oppression issues
- Experience in utilising social and other media to build presence and reach new people
- A confident ambassador of the organisation and public speaker, for example on panels etc. (support will be given to help you to grow in this area if needed)
- Experience working in the inclusion / social justice space
- Experience of coordinating and running events
- Equity – committed to advancing deep and meaningful equity and inclusion – so all spaces of work are spaces of belonging and opportunity for all
- Intersectionality – always striving to honor the ways oppression and inequities interconnect in individual’s lived realities