£55,000 – £65,000 per annum
Manchester, United Kingdom
We are now recruiting for a EMEA VAT Team Leader for our client, a multinational, chemicals and biotechnology company with major facilities in Europe, North America and South Asia. This is a great role for someone to support their EMEA VAT Manager to improve VAT compliance process and establishment of VAT procedures to secure VAT compliance.
Preparation and submission of the monthly / quarterly VAT return of the CH / EU legal entities by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations VAT returns and reconciliation of turnover in a accurately and timely fashion and in line with other fillings (e.g. Intrastat).
What would this role involve?
- Analyse processes and provide input for ways to streamline/improve the process and implement controls to manage VAT compliance risks in coordination with the EMEA VAT Manager.
- Team management.
- Preparation Excel spreadsheet with the usual transactions of the business in coordination with the EMEA VAT Manager
- List all SAP tax codes and ensure through analyses that all staff use the tax codes properly.
- Create SAP variants for error checks.
- Prepare a spreadsheet for input of SAP figures and output VAT return incl. the monthly / quarterly adjustments for the returns.
- Reconciliation of turnover declared for VAT purposes with turnover according to income statement.
- Ensure VAT compliance tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Support in case of VAT audit.
What do you need to apply?
- CIMA or equivalent qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong VAT compliance experience essential ideally within a shared services environment.
- Knowledge of ERP system (SAP, Oracle). Intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, sumifs).
- Ability to multi-task, priorities work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner.
- Detailed system and process knowledge to consistently challenge procedures and propose improvements by working cross functionally.