£50,000 – £60,000 per annum
London, United Kingdom
Our client is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest support network worldwide. Their mission is to discover social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, our client helps social entrepreneurs create lasting change by giving them a platform that allows them to build upon their social ventures.
Our client supports social entrepreneurs varying from start-ups to those with more established social ventures with the opportunity to scale their impact. Our client supports individuals whose ventures are about delivering a positive social change. Our client offers these social entrepreneurs a complete package of resources; from awards of funding to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
Our client is driven by the needs of the social entrepreneurs that they support and everything they do and every product they offer is designed to support social entrepreneurs with their ventures. Our client has strong values that they hold themselves closely to, and in doing so are brave, inclusive and accountable in all that they do. Our client has a safe environment where all staff members can share their lived experiences without judgement, an environment based on acceptance, freedom and having the ability to be courageous to make change in this world.
As the Head of HR, you will ensure the delivery of our client’s people vision, embedding and leading on our client’s culture with a focus on making our client an employer of choice and our client’s employees proud and excited to be part of the organisation. This is an important role, suitable for a confident and capable HR leader who enjoys steering strategic direction whilst keeping busy day to day with operational HR responsibilities. You need to enjoy all areas of HR for this role, a great strategic mindset, transactional excellence and a passion for working with brilliant people in an organisation with an amazing social purpose.
The Head of HR will be accountable for ensuring full compliance to UK employment law and UK HR practices; advising stakeholders about the frame of UK legislation, proactively raising mitigation to be considered in ER casework. You will be accountable for and drive our client’s HR policies, challenging them to do the best by their hardworking and committed employees coordinating the necessary steps to ensure compliant decision making. You will oversee the effective implementation of policies and processes, and you will be confident in L&D supporting, line managers and Heads in their line management development whilst being a true HRBP to the senior leadership team & CEO as required.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive cultural change: enhancing performance, while boosting wellbeing and engagement and challenging others to be accountable.
- Provide support to hiring managers in the recruitment process by ensuring a high-quality recruitment process resulting in great people joining our team
- Supporting leaders and line managers in their own development in people management, topics, providing clear and knowledgeable HRBP guidance on people matters.
- Act as a wellbeing ‘ambassador’: linking internal wellbeing agenda to the business offering – mainly within your/an external HR community
The Successful Applicant
- A strong HR generalist or HRBP with good knowledge of ER and Employment law
- Has experience of setting strategic direction whilst delivering on operational HR priorities.
- Confident in challenging behaviours against our client’s culture and values in a solution focused method.
- You are mission driven, empathetic and excited about social entrepreneurship
- You embody our client’s values to be brave, inclusive and accountable through your behaviours and mindset
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and senior stakeholders
- Have a flexible approach to the job combining energy, enthusiasm and a will to succeed
- Are confident in decision-making, methodical and well-organised, adept at juggling multiple priorities
- Are willing to travel across the UK