£80,000 – £90,000 per annum
London, United Kingdom
Our client is seeking an experienced business leader to become their new Head of Responsible Sourcing & Stakeholder Management.
Part of a global membership organisation, our client prides itself on making it simpler to do business that is good for everyone and is home to the world’s largest collaborative platform for sharing responsible sourcing data on supply chains. Tens of thousands of companies use this platform and their methodology to manage performance across 4 pillars: labour rights, health & safety, the environment and business ethics.
The aims of the Responsible Sourcing team are to establish and maintain credibility in responsible sourcing across all 4 pillars, to gather and embed industry knowledge, trends and best practice to support members and future members to achieve their responsible sourcing objectives and to identify, develop and launch relevant industry products, services and education that support member’s needs.
Head of Responsible Sourcing & Stakeholder Management – Key Outputs:
• Develop and establish a portfolio of products, services and partnerships to drive change in human rights and be thought leaders on ‘positive social impact’ for our members and the wider industry.
• Manage the portfolio of new and existing products and services to match and surpass member expectations covering compliance and driving and empowering supplier continuous improvement.
• Develop a portfolio of tools and build upon the audit as the world’s leading audit methodology through continuous improvement and development.
• Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders and map industry trends, capturing the needs of the membership to direct and inform the business how the portfolio of existing products and services should be managed and developed.
• Create a business case for each innovation and by working with key internal stakeholders clearly determine: budget, timelines, responsibilities and objectives.
• Create and manage workplan within team to support prioritised projects aligned with technology roadmap to deliver on time in full. Ensure close working relationships and processes exist cross functionally.
• Contribute to the development of, and implementation of, a strategy to address and improve the quality of data through data capture tools and work with key internal stakeholders and external industry bodies to achieve this.
• Set up and lead specific engagement with key members to create and test new and existing product developments.
• Actively works to recruit and allocate member volunteers to the most appropriate working group.
• Develop relationships with key external stakeholders across the range of the 4 pillar offer to support and develop the offer. Manage relationships and engagement terms with external consultants and organisations as required.
• Identifies key reporting requirements and use of captured insights to be used in the industry to help members and wider stakeholder community drive improvement.
• To manage and personally promote the organisation with relevant content and partnerships required at conferences and industry external events.
• Lead, manage and coach a high capability team to deliver objectives and key outputs as well as support personal development of team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Responsible Sourcing/Sustainable supply chains – approximately 10 years’ + experience
• Extensive network and experience of applying the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights in a global supply chain context
• Business leader with proven results from undertaking strategic review, recommendations and delivering change and new developments
• Proven leadership and coaching of teams
• Good working knowledge of using and embedding competitor compliance / auditing programmes within an organisation to actively driving continuous improvement programmes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent facilitation skills to drive stakeholder engagement and relationship management
• Demonstrate these values – service orientated, quality driven, collaborative, a simplifier and takes responsibility