£35,000 – £45,000 per annum
We are now recruiting for an Internal Control Officer for our client, who are one of the leading organisations within the life sciences and biotechnology industry. This is a great role for someone to support and provide independent oversight from the Governance & Control team to improve the overall effectiveness of the SSC control environment.
Within this role you can expect to be getting involved in 3 main areas, including:
- Monitors and supports the operational teams on controls remediation raised from External and Internal Audits and from the ICS controls self-assessment process
- Carries out process and controls reviews as defined in the annual controls testing programme
- Performs ad-hoc root cause analysis of control failures and agrees remediation plans with Process and Control Owners as well as the Governance & Control Manager
- Monitor and ensure remediation plans are followed up and retesting is carried out where required
- Support the Governance & Control Manager in harmonizing and automating controls across core SSC finance processes
- Manage the annual review of systems access and SAP mitigating controls
- Monthly onboarding training for new starters about the ICS (Internal Control System)
- Ad-hoc training and controls awareness campaigns
- Monitors SSC participation and completion of Corporate compliance and ethics training
- Participation in monthly ICS forum with Corporate Financial Compliance
- Governance of access to SSC SharePoint sites and other key systems
- Governance of work instruction process library
- Monthly remediation reporting to senior stakeholders
- Monthly controls and compliance operational review meeting
- Annual reporting on control self-assessment process
To be successful within this role you will be expected to:
- Be either a qualified Accountant or have an Auditing qualification (If you are studying towards these, we would also like to hear from you)
- Have experience in a similar role, ideally within a shared services environment)
- Have the knowledge of control design or control testing (if you do not have this you must have a keen interest in learning)
- Have end to end knowledge of Order to cash, Source to pay, and Record to report processes.
- Understand the segregation of duties.
- Have a strong understanding of risk and internal control whist being able to identify and design appropriate control solutions.
What our client will offer in return:
- The chance to make a real impact on a global business, you will be based in our EMEA Shared Service Centre alongside some of the other Senior Leadership team and will have a great chance to make a real impact quickly.
- A good package, including yearly bonus, Private healthcare, Discounts on local and UK wide activities and holidays, flexible working options.
- A team that is eager to learn and strong peers around you that will support you day to day.
- A great working environment, open floor set up with a very open and happy team!