£63,000 per annum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Our client has an opportunity for a Finance Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role will report directly into the Head of Shared Services and will be managing a team of Operational Excellence Specialists. You will be part of a global team of subject matter experts with financial accounting expertise in AP, AR and/or R2R and have a main goal of leading process simplifications, automation and innovation in the global BSO Finance organisation by working on projects, operational target setting, providing training and operational support, leading harmonization and compliance.
Within this role, you will get involved in:
- Propose and lead process simplification, automation and innovation in alignment with the GPOs (Global Process Owners) and ensure successful implementation
- Provide subject matter expertise for:
– GBSO initiatives (e.g. harmonization, process simplifications),
– GPO (e.g. process innovations, new technology implementation)
– Corporate projects (e.g. S/4 Hana) or
– Business requests (e.g. integration or set-up of new entities through M&A)
- Foster continuous improvement and support the SSCs to achieve agreed service delivery quality targets and efficiencies
- Provide structured trainings to ensure new processes and tools are implemented globally
- Support SSC and retained organization with complex and non-standard process or system related issues; in collaboration with retained teams provide support for SSC
- Owner SSC Work Instructions level 4&5 incl. global harmonization
- Develop, direct and coach team members; ensure the respective functional expertise is covered and cross-trained within the team
- Assist the Head of Operational Excellence to prioritize work requests and assign resources accordingly
- Establish appropriate ways of working, work methodology, tools and service mindset in the team.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong functional expertise and understanding/interest in end-to-end business processes
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent experience in Finance
- Have strong Lean Six Sigma experience
- Have good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Have had team management experience.