£85,000 per annum
Manchester, United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity exists for a Sales Director to join the EMEA Sales Team of a multinational, chemicals and biotechnology company, one of the world’s leading suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets . This is a permanent position, which can be based remotely.
As the Sales Director you will be responsible for the sales performance of the company in EMEA and will lead a team of 8 to ensure this is a success.
This is a great role for someone with the relevant product knowledge, in particular chemical material protection and painting, who is keen to take the next step in their career.
The role will involve the following:
- Direct the Regional Sales Managers to achieve agreed level of sales and market share in defined sales areas. To ensure a successful and sustainable business.
- Maximise the profitability of sales through thorough management of selling prices, costs and gross margins by eviewing, measureing and managing sales agreements / negotiations and set product pricing. To ensure the short and long term profitability of the business.
- Play a lead role in the management of business projects through the stage gate process to ensure a healthy product/service pipeline to ensure the long-term future of the company.
- Contribute to and update the business strategy with particular reference to the implementation of the sales/marketing strategies.
- Play an active role in developing strategic targets and business objectives. Implementing strategies through Regional Sales Managers, to ensure the long-term success and profitability of the business.
- Communicate effectively with executive members on all important business and strategic matters, to ensure optimum efficiency of the business and that teams are fully aware of the strategic position of our business and are fully motivated and fulfilled to achieve our goals.
- Accept responsibility for all strategic key account negotiations and take the lead in setting the strategic objectives of the negotiation and coaching the team members during the negotiation process.
- Ensure strict management of overheads and debtors, taking corrective action where necessary, to ensure costs are managed and controlled.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and budgets and review, measure and manage sales forecasting in order to support production planning, manage business costs through management of raw materials, product stocks and cash flow.
- Assist in the setting, reviewing and monitoring of QMS KPI’s. Responsible for sales team dealing directly with customers handling complaints primarily and to ensure that action plans as a result and where appropriate are changed and acted upon
What we are looking for:
- Degree (or equivalent) in suitable business/sales related discipline and/or NVQ Level 4.
- In-depth experience of sales management.
- Strong sense of market and commercial awareness.
- Able to interact with customers at all levels in many geographies and markets.
- Financial competence.
- Contract negotiation at all levels.
- Innovative, conceptual and analytical thinker.
- People management and coaching skills.
- Strong leadership of the Sales Team is essential to ensure that sales performance is optimized.
- Customer relationships are a key part of the role and, as such, the job holder should possess good interpersonal and influencing skills. These skills are vital for dealing with the Sales Team and other functions, both within and externally.
- The job holder must be flexible to ensure that rapidly changing and conflicting demands are prioritized and met as appropriate.
- Good negotiation skills are a key asset for the job holder as they are required to support a major function of the role.
- Good communication / influencing skills are important for dealing with internal stakeholders.