£32,000 – £34,000 per annum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Our client has an opening for a Financial Accountant to join their business. They are a multinational, chemicals and biotechnology company with major facilities in Europe, North America and South Asia.
Would you like to join a global business where they invest in great people? This is an excellent opportunity gain exposure within Swiss business for someone who enjoys a challenge in an incredibly fast paced environment and someone who is able to hit the ground running.
Reporting to the UK RTR Supervisor, the role involves assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisation’s financial records and transactions in an accurately and timely fashion.
- Lead one of the company’s biggest UK entity monthly financial close.
- Provide technical accounting support through strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Ensure month end tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, but are not restricted to, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluations and fixed asset responsibilities).
- Analyse month end processes and look for ways to streamline/improve the process. Once improvement opportunity has been identified, you will be required to take the lead on the improvement project, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Assist in the year-end and hard close process. This involves playing a key part in the budget setting process.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves reviewing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis when required. Escalate any discrepancies to key internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant bank up, and assist Auditors as required (provide financial information, provide support when required).
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed within the month, and manage unreconciled items in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordination and performance of other operational transactions and reporting requested by management.
Skills and experience required:
- Part qualified or working towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with a minimum of 5 years of working in industry.
- Highly proficient with advanced Excel skills a must.
- SAP Knowledge (Essential).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of all finance activities (such as AP / AR / Controlling) in SAP.
- Understanding of: fixed assets, accruals, pre payments.
- Good understanding of accounting principles FRS102.
- Works well in a team and understands the importance of teamwork.
- Adaptable and solid team player.
- Ability to multi-task prioritises work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner.