up to £80,000 per annum
London, United Kingdom
Based in West London, our client is a small yet well-established global business that thrives on providing an excellent service for both customers and employees. They are growing rapidly and need an experienced Senior FX Sales Associate with knowledge of the African markets.
The role involves a pro-active FX & Money Markets business development, predominantly by targeting OECD based clients seeking to trade African currencies. The aim is to grow the franchise in the African currency space by increasing the client base, targeting NGO’s, Corporates & banks with business links to Africa. As such, superior communication and relationship building skills are essential.
This position also requires selling the bank liability product suite to attract medium to long term funding in G10 currencies.
This role further encompasses providing real time pricing to clients for FX & Money Markets products and management of clients’ orders. In-depth knowledge of the international capital markets is required, which must include exposure to a wide range of relevant products and a proven ability to effectively price FX & Money Markets margins. A high level of numeracy is essential, together with a good knowledge of the UK regulatory environment.
- Business development & products’ marketing
- FX & MM Flow Trading in African currencies & G10 Client Order Management
- Client on-boarding & KYC reviews
- Daily FX & MM Research/Sales note publishing PL & Trading volume reporting
- Work closely with other desks within the Treasury & Capital Markets department (Fixed Income, Equity Sales, etc.) and serve as a backup when required
Skills & Abilities: (In terms of technical, organisational, communicative or creative skills)
- Excellent presentation and marketing skills
- Ideally good knowledge of the African business environment
- Good knowledge in financial analysis
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualifications & Experience: (Education background, level of experience)
- Excellent academic background from top university or business school
- Master’s Degree qualified preferably in Economics/Finance or related subject
- Ideally FCA CF30 registered
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters is desirable
Character & Personal Qualities: (Personality and character traits)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills