Private Global Bank
Up to £55,000 per annum, London UK
An exceptional communications lead is needed for our client, a Global Private Bank. This will be a key role for the bank and your role will be to lead on all external communications and deliver Internal comms globally to the workforce for the entire bank. The successful Communications Manager will be responsible for producing and overseeing high quality external and internal communications that help support, manage and continue to build on the delivery of the bank’s communications agenda, and promote the bank’s brand and reputation to the media and other external and internal audiences.
You must have a proven track record of leading on comms both internally and externally for an organisation, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to share innovative ideas on how to communicate messages to internal and external teams as well as demonstrating strong stakeholder management skills. It is essential that you are multilingual in both verbal and written communication in French, English and Arabic.
- Lead and develop an integrated communications strategy for the bank incorporating External and Internal Communications, in support of the bank’s ongoing Marketing, and Business Development campaigns
- Drive and oversee the identification of PR opportunities to help position the organisation as a bank of choice and as a key commentator on key industry and legal issues, ensuring all opportunities are part of a wider communications campaign plan and themes/opportunities are promoted across all media and online channels.
- Proactively manage our strategic PR and Communications plan that identifies key priorities and themes.
- Support the Head of Human Capital and Communications in the day-to-day coordination of the bank’s PR and Internal Communications programme
- Manage the bank’s awards submissions and manage the submissions to the key legal and industry surveys, as part of an ongoing programme to maintain and build the bank’s reputation in the market.
- Plan, manage and organise all internal and external events (strategic seminar, team building, all staff annual seminars, annual Christmas dinners, women’s day events, anniversaries)
- Managing all corporate gifting for the staff and clients if required
- Handle all communication publications (internal news, institutional brochure, annual and social reports, and internal newsletter)
- Identify, manage, and organise all the events where the bank or its senior stakeholders should attend
- Manage all the information and contents published on the company intranet, website, social media platforms and SharePoint
- Liaising with all Communication Department’s suppliers
- Ensure a monthly reporting to the line Manager regarding actions plans and budgets.
Key Candidate Requirements / Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business or demonstrable equivalent experience (DESIRABLE)
- Extensive demonstrable experience in successfully leading, developing and implementing innovative internal and external communications solutions in a senior comms role.
- Full autonomy, enjoys working independently with limited direction and self-initiative
- Excellent communication skills – Fluent written and speaking skills in English, French and Arabic
- Experience in an international environment (DESIRABLE)
- Experience in investment management, Banking or financial services (ESSENTIAL)
- A proven track record at developing and managing media relations programs in the banking industry.
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to work independently within the bank’s demanding and highly focused environment.
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Experience managing reputational risk and advising senior executives on strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can interact effectively with internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Occasional overseas travel will be a part of this role.