£40,000 – £50,000 per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Demand & Supply Planner to join one of the most well known brands out there. Trust us when we say “you’ve used them” at some point in your life. Our client is a global brand in Manufacturing and Retail. You will help lead on supply and demand/forecasting projects across EMEA & APAC for this global client of ours as well as being in an organisation where constant development and improvement of their teams is a high priority.
Some of the things you will be focusing on:
- Manage the demand for a complex SKU portfolio across several market segments for EMEA and APAC (Consumer, Industrial, Medical, Transportation, Construction, Footwear & Apparel, and Personal Care).
- Create weekly and monthly action-based meetings with the business addressing demand- and supply-related issues in a timely and effective manner, developing effective mitigation plans with manufacturing in the event of constraints and forecast risks to ensure products arrive on time and in full to each market/customer.
- Work with Commercial, R&D and Marketing to agree on new product launch rationale, volumes and assumptions (including any cannibalization effects across other SKU’s or categories) as well as phase-out plans at the end of the product lifecycle
- Lead a robust SIOP process across all business units to build consensus across sales forecasts and financial budgets, considering risk and supply constraints. Work with the Global Demand team to create the monthly SIOP report for presentation to the management team.
- Work with Commercial, Manufacturing and regional Supply Chain to align on inventory, service level parameters and targets, and monitor inventory at warehouses to ensure appropriate levels to support demand plans.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy working closely with the sales teams and customers.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to assess the impact of promotional activity on forecasts. Create and maintain forecast models for our customers, incorporating business intelligence and demand information gathered from marketing, retailer data, and other sources.
- Partner with Product Management / Marketing on SKU rationalization activity working with the business to build action plans to clear stock as appropriate.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
What we need to see from you:
- Extensive experience within a supply chain function and part in a demand planning and/or forecasting role for at least 3 years
- Experience working with large retail customers or within FMCG
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impact
- Experience of SIOP and the demand planning process