£54,000 – £60,000 per annum
Godalming, Surrey (with flexibility to work from home up to 3 days/week)
Our client is Britain’s leading charity working towards a kinder society, where persecuting animals for ‘sport’ is in the past. Redefining what is acceptable and inspiring change, they were instrumental in helping bring about the landmark Hunting Act (2004).
Driven by compassion and empowered by knowledge, they manage sanctuaries to protect wildlife, carry out investigations to expose law-breaking and cruelty to animals, and campaign for stronger animal protection laws and penalties. United, we will end animal cruelty in the name of ‘sport’.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to take over the momentum. As Director of Marketing & Fundraising, you will lead in the development and delivery of an innovative and ambitious Marketing & Fundraising strategy to maximise income growth and to win the hearts and minds of a broader audience.
Your principle responsibilities
▪ Lead on the planning and development of the Marketing & Fundraising Strategy and Business Plans across Individual Giving, Legacies, Partnerships, Supporter Retention, Digital & Data, Marketing and Sanctuaries.
▪ Lead on brand awareness initiatives and ensure agreed income targets are met in line with the League strategic objectives.
▪ Enable the League to drive sustainable growth through highly effective and efficient fundraising and marketing activity.
▪ Provide inspirational leadership and line management to the Marketing and Fundraising Team.
▪ Effective business planning and development of programmes and projects to support the League’s Objectives.
▪ Support the continued growth, scale and sustainability of the League’s funding, our reputation as best in practice professional animal welfare charity, and our influence as a courageous thought leader.
- Lead in the development and delivery of an innovative and ambitious Marketing & Fundraising strategy to maximise income growth, and to win the hearts and minds of a broader audience
- Champion audience development and ensure Marketing & Fundraising strategic goals and targets are shared and owned by the whole organisation
- Lead on the collection, interpretation and use of available audience data to better understand, target and grow audiences
- Lead and oversee the organisation’s digital communications channels and website to generate audience interest and to promote fundraising and to maximise income generation opportunities
- Oversee the organisation’s brand both internally and externally and champion use of Brand Ambassadors
- Provide inspirational leadership to ensure staff have effective and deliverable tasks, and are working within identified income targets – line managing 6 direct reports in an overall team of 19 people
- Management of the League of Animal Educational programme and overseeing our Head of Conservation and Education with a view to maximising the strategic value our sanctuaries to add to our value proposition
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation
- To help achieve the League’s objectives to be a best in class charity and employer through strong and effective governance, management, planning, systems and programmes
- Help make the League a place where people can build their careers, actively managing talent and performance whilst supporting professional and personal development
- At the request of the Chief Executive Officer, undertake any other duties consistent with this post.
▪ BSc/BA in Marketing (or relevant field or equivalent experience)
▪ Evidence of creative and effective direction and development of marketing and fundraising.
▪ Thorough understanding of strategic management of marketing and fundraising.
▪ Experience of marketing and fundraising in a comparable organisational environment.
▪ Experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve organisational objectives.
▪ Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with high level policy makers, opinion formers and power brokers.
▪ Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation.
▪ Evidence of effective project management; planning and management of resources, finance and staff.
▪ Sensitive and effective interpersonal skills –able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, Trustees and other stakeholders.
▪ Able to generate solutions, analyse and understand issues and make rational judgments based on relevant information.
▪ Able to identify and manage risk.
▪ Strong mentoring and coaching skills, and proven ability to develop others.
▪ Attention to detail, ability to think strategically, anticipate implications of decisions, and identify trends.
▪ Intermediate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A genuine empathy and compassion for animals and commitment to the objectives and purpose of the League.
- An understanding of and commitment to the values of accountability, openness, and diversity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to talk to anyone in a diplomatic yet inspiring way. A credible, approachable person that is authoritative and can build rapport and support for the League where it is needed.
- The ability to work in challenging environments with resilience and manages challenges in an emotionally mature way.
- The ability to drive forward change and adapt your response accordingly to changing needs and circumstances.
- Mental stamina in order to manage a significant range of stakeholders. This means putting in the hours at times. It requires the ability to handle the pressure associated with accommodating the differing needs of stakeholders.
- The ability to provide objective advice to Trustees on such issues as fundraising strategy, conservation and education development and risk management.
£54,000 – £60,000 per annum
Full-time, permanent position
Pension Scheme, Savings Centre, Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Interest Free Loans and Travel Passes
Employer Supported Volunteering
28 Days Annual Leave, Sabbaticals Leave (after qualifying period)
Remote working (flexibility to work from home up to 3 days per week once confirmed)
Free parking, Tea Coffee