£30,000 – £40,000 per annum
plus 7.5% bonus
Manchester , UK
Our client is seeking a Financial Accounting Supervisor to be responsible for leading a team within their Record to Report function, which provides timely, accurate and compliant month end processes supporting the EMEA markets. The role will involve the discharge of Month End process and Balance Sheet Liability management. You will form close working relationships with site controllers and ensure adherence to established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisation’s financial records.
The role will have an appropriate mix of supervisory and operational activities and is also responsible for alignment, streamlining and improving processes. As an integral member of the R2R management group and the SSC Extended Leadership team, you will help to drive service delivery in line with the finance vision.
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial systems to ensure completeness of statutory and group reporting for region, ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards, relevant regulations and reporting requirements. You will be responsible for the delivery of the R2R taxonomy of services.
- Oversee Cost Centre reviews to ensure prepayments and accruals are appropriately accounted for and are appropriately managed. Oversee the performance and clearance of all reconciliation accounts, approving recurring journals, ensuring financial transactions are recorded and appropriately classified, including operating taxes.
- Drive compliance within a robust control framework and take responsibility for internal/external audit deliverables.
- Provide excellence service delivery and technical expertise to key stakeholder groups including market controllers, BSO management, peer groups, and external bodies.
- Provide supervision and development for a team of qualified/part qualified accountants (circa 4-6 FTE).
- Support key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement.
- ICAEW qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing a team as well as operational responsibilities.
- Strong educational background with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- SAP Transactional experience – essential.
- Excellent stakeholder skills.
- European languages desirable, in particular German.
- Expert MS Excel Skills (pivots, Lookups, etc).
- Corporate finance background in a mid-sized to medium company.
- Excellent active listening.
- Resilient and robust.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision making.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through.
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal.