up to £24,000 per annum
South East London, UK
Our client is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making delicious products from
ingredients that would otherwise go to waste. They work within the food supply chain to uncover
value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, they are now ready to shake up the
market with their new ketchup and mayo’s and are on the hunt for an Operations Executive to join
the team and help build their brand.
Our client is looking for someone reliable, confident, collaborative, with an eye for detail. You do not
need to be super experienced, a year or two in a similar Operations role will do it.
They are just looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, loves the satisfaction of
smoothly getting things from A-B, has an analytical eye for diving into spreadsheets and is cool as a
cucumber under pressure.
Ops Exec role is all about getting our condiments into the hands of our trailblazing customers.
Whether that is via our distributor network in both the out of home and retail channels, to our
supermarket partners, or on us eCommerce platforms directly to the food waste fighters at home!
• End to end management of sales order processing
• Communication with customers
• Raising orders
• Liaising with the warehouses
• Customer invoices
• Customer service
DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF OPERATIONS
• Communication with all external stakeholders -warehouses, manufacturers, and suppliers
• Working with the team to support wider projects
• Dealing with ad hoc requests & issues that arise
• Identifying where processes can be improved and actioning change
PROCUREMENT AND SOURCING
• Working with our suppliers to order packaging and raw materials needed for production
• Ensuring our unit spend is to budget
• Working with our suppliers to ensure we are well stocked at our warehouses
• Dealing with any damages or write off
• Stock control and supporting the Head of Ops with month end stock reporting
REPORTING AND DATA
• Tracking and reporting OTIF Supply performance vs KPIs
• Supporting in maintaining visibility of sales performance within the business by weekly data input
• New customer on-boarding
• Set up and maintenance of product data
• Working with our finance partner to resolve any invoice queries
• Approving and ensuring best practice for procurement accounts
• Supporting Head of Ops with month end admin and reconciliation of accounts
WHO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR:
• You will have STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS – you’ll be working with a whole host of different
people, from warehouse operatives, customers, suppliers and manufacturers, so an ability to flex
your style in order to get the best out of people is key
• FOSTER GREAT RELATIONSHIPS – Making difficult calls is part of the day job. We are a small
business that has worked with some of our key stakeholders for over 5 years, so they feel like family!
You need to feel comfortable being firm where required to meet the needs of the business whilst
• ORGANISATION – You’ll be able to balance a lot of plates! We move at a fast pace and so running
an efficient operation is paramount, so we don’t get scrappy and start dropping balls!
• A PROBLEM SOLVER – you will feel great satisfaction in tackling an issue head on and coming up
with a resolution
• DETAIL ORIENTATED – you need to be comfortable in using, analysing, living, breathing, sleeping
You will be detailed oriented and have an eye for spotting things that other people don’t
• AUTONOMY – you will need to be able to pick things up and run with them. A great intuition, and a
confident and intelligent head on your shoulders will serve you well in this role
• A CHALLENGER – If you see something that you think could be done better- challenge us! Propose
an alternative, and let’s give it a go!
• A TEAM PLAYER – someone who will get stuck in and embrace an unpredictable company where
no day is the same
• A PRESENTER – you will be comfortable and confident in speaking to the team and always
representing ops. We are a small team of extremely passionate people, so the ability to
constructively challenge each other is key.
• ADMIN- there is a lot of admin in this role, so be prepared for that!
Our client is a growing business, and they are creating and embedding systems now that will form
the foundations to how we scale- they embrace new ideas and foster collaborative thinking, so an
ability to speak up and bring thoughts to the table is important.
This is a great opportunity to make something your own – if you’re looking for stacks of
responsibility and a team that trusts you to get the job done then this could be for you!
YOU WILL NEED:
• 1-2 years’ experience in Ops or similar role at FMCG brand
• Track record in dealing with customers
• Excel wizardry – vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, as the bare minimum!
• Desire to carve out a career in Ops
NICE TO HAVES:
• Previous use of accounting and inventory management software
• Experience working with Amazon and larger retailers
• Experience in both a similar SME and larger company – an understanding of how the difference
between the two this really affects the day to day job is good to know before jumping into start up
A role in a fast-growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on
Salary between £22,000 – £24,000 dependent on experience
When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays
Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
• Permanent position
• Flexible start date – September / October 2020
• Weekly working hours 37.5
• Flexibility is valued and for the foreseeable working will be split between the office & at home
• There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events, but these hours
can be claimed back at another point
• The office is in SE11, a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station
• Unfortunately, our client is not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the