£45,000 – £55,000 per annum + bonus
As part of the Commercial Team, the Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for managing and growing our client’s key national grocery accounts Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Morrisons, Ocado and Supervalu in Ireland, as well as winning new business within the Grocery channel for their Nut Butter portfolio. The position will report directly into the Sales Director and will manage the Category Executive. On top of this, this role will work hand in hand with the marketing team to look at how to grow awareness of the brand in these accounts and ensure that all marketing activity is maximised in store and in line with promotional activity. The ambition is to treble the business over the next three years and having the nut butter within these grocers are the key part of that plan.
Built on the foundation that health food should never be boring, our client is a rapidly growing award winning nut butter brand with big ambitions; in just five years they’ve scaled to over 6000 stores nationwide, with listings in high end stores like Wholefoods & Selfridges as well as Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s, ASDA & Morrisons and are the fastest brand in the UK and are a certified B-corporation.
In a nutshell, you are responsible for:
- Agreeing and implementing plans with national accounts – working with existing customers to agree and implement annual plans.
- Winning new business – winning key customers and broadening distribution in existing customers across the grocery channel in order to grow stocking points nationwide.
- Developing great relationship – Building rapport, being easy to work with and growing your network within each customer at both buyer level as well as in supply chain and marketing.
- Optimising the online grocery channel – working with the retailers and marketing team to ensure they’re fully optimising the online opportunity on both Ocado and with key grocery customers.
- Best in class trade marketing – working with head of marketing to deliver the best possible activation of the brand in store.
- Sales analysis – handling data to enable you to tell the right stories, ensure the promotional effectiveness and managing the mix of our portfolio to enhance margin.
- Profit & Loss management – look after the grocery PnL and ensure budgets are met and investments are made in the right areas.
- Forecasting & Reporting – Working with Head of Operations to build robust forecasting processes and continued improvement of Sales & Operations process.
- Line Management – Developing the Category Executive.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience from you:
- The energy and self-motivation to work within a small, rapidly growing business that is going places
- At least 4+ years within commercial roles of which some of that time at National Account Manager level working with Grocery retailers (and ideally the top 4)
- Ability to negotiate and influence customers
- Experience of managing a sales Profit and Loss, agreeing Joint Business Plans and demonstrated the ability to deliver to budget
- Strategic thinker with commercial acumen and an ability to work autonomously
- Articulate and intelligent – you must feel comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels
- A passion to work in the food and beverage industry!
- But most importantly you will demonstrate how you can see an opportunity to develop your career with the company and contribute to the success of the company as they grow, showing passion for your role.
Salary Range – £45k – £55k (depending on experience)
Bonus – Base 10%, Further stretch 10%
Based in London, near Liverpool Street
Flexi-working and working from home options
25 days holiday
Private Health Care