There are many qualities attributed to good leaders. Visibility, accountability, authenticity, the ability to create a culture of belonging, to name a few.
Our Inclusive Leadership Programme is designed to help develop these attributes, enabling you to better support staff engagement, improve employee retention and build your decision-making skills.
What is it?
A virtual interactive training programme that will provide you with an opportunity to deep dive into how Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (EDIB) relates to leadership.
We want you to be that leader who leads positive change to create a safe space at work. This training will develop and enhance your awareness and understanding of the value of being an inclusive leader. It will also create a mindset shift and enable you to reflect on yourself in order to develop your inclusive leadership skills.
Hosted by EDI training facilitators, this online programme will cover the EDIB foundations, highlighting key characteristics an inclusive leader should have and how to develop these via the key expectations that are required of a leader.
Who is the programme for?
The training is suitable for individuals who are currently at Manager/Head of Department/Director level, those actively trying to make a positive impact at work by developing themselves as an inclusive leader.
- Clear understanding of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) terminology
- Develop awareness of how EDI relates to inclusive leadership
- Understand how your own position/bias/privilege affects your decisions
- Learn the key characteristics of being an inclusive leader
- Build knowledge of how these key characteristics link to creating awareness and openness for those you work with
- Become a better decision maker
- Understand ways in which to support and empower diverse talent
- Evaluate how inclusive you are as a leader and how to further develop your skills
When will the next training sessions take place?
Spring 2023 – tbc
Autumn 2023 – tbc
How to register
If eligible to take part, we will require a refundable £50 deposit to register, in order to show commitment to attending the programme. If attendees miss any sessions, this money will be donated to charity.